Calculate Computer Requirements

I have 300 3dmodels.
How to calculate the CPU requriements for these 3dmodels chaning position every 1 second?

@fation

What is your use case here? While I am not an expert on CPU benchmarking, I suspect that the answer depends on the size, scale, and type of the 3D models. Could you please provide some more details about these attributes?

-Sam

Hi Sam.
These is the information of the model.Screenshot_1

Also what is best option to use glb or gltf?

Hi @sam.rothstein have you seen the details?

@fation

I apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for sharing the additional details - I am triaging this thread with the rest of the Cesium development team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

-Sam

@fation

I think we need a little bit more information on how exactly you are using these models. If you are simply changing the position of the models, performance will not be significantly affected. The more pressing question is, how many models are you placing on the screen at a given time and how detailed is each model?

Overall, calculating CPU requirements is not an exact science. You will have to profile your use case. scene.debugShowFramesPerSecond can help you with this.

-Sam

Hi @sam.rothstein .
With 2models i get this information from debugging.
Most of the time it is
N/A MS
N/A FPS
(throttled)
Sometimes i get
29.5 MS
N/A FPS
(throttled)

And i am using requestRenderMode. After update of the position i request render.

1 Like

@fation

Thank you for the information! It seems like you are getting roughly 30 frames per second, which is great performance. Most modern CPUs should be able to handle this workload.

-Sam

1 Like