Can PolygonGraphics follow the curvature of the earth below the surface?

In this sandcastle you can see a tileset with a constant depth of -2,000 m (red) and a PolygonGeometry entity (grey) from 0 to -5,000 m. The gray polygon is actually textured with an image that is supposed to show seismic properties at these locations, but in this case it is only colored gray.

In this view it is visible that the polygon does not follow the curvature of the earth. While the tileset is displayed according to the curvature, the boundary of the polygon is like a straight line between the vertices.

By default, the arcType of PolygonGraphics is set to GEODESIC, but unfortunately switching to RHUMB does not change the display.

Is there a way to adjust the line between the vertices of the polygon to the curvature of the earth?

I modified the Sandcastle to create a polygon above ground, and it seems to behave the same way.

I’ve seen this type of thing done with a wall geometry instead, which should follow the surface. Have you tried that?

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I didn’t know about the WallGraphics yet. I have tried these.

At first sight they seem to work. But then I noticed two oddities:
a) if you fly to the northern end of the graphic (using the button), you can see that the object continues to converge in this direction until it dissolves into a peak. This is actually a rectangle defined by four vertices; and
b) because of this, the course of an example graphic (not integrable in the Sandcastle, see screenshot) becomes more and more pointed together. The two parallel lines are still fully visible at the southern end, while they are cut off further and further towards the north.

Is the positioning of the WallGraphic correct here? I have four corner points (x, y, z) as input which have to be connected to a rectangle (line 94 - 105).