Cesium Tileset Mobility from static to movable

Hello!

I initially converted a 3D model (fbx->gltf->tileset) to a 3D tileset to visualize in Cesium for Unreal, since the original model file is too big to be imported in Unreal.

Unfortunately, I am not able to transform the location of my tileset during runtime, as the root component of the Cesium3DTileset class is an AActor, which sets the mobility to static. I want to make my tileset “movable” – is there any way I could modify the preset settings?

I have initially attempted to modify the 3DTileset Class in C++ by adding
this->RootComponent->SetMobility(EComponentMobility::Movable);
How can this change be reflected to the BP? Or is this manual modification not possible? Please let me know how I can proceed with this!

Hello @Jackieryu, welcome to the community!

I’m going to suggest you try modifying the plugin files. This may introduce some instability or unexpected behavior, but will be helpful to try.

I’m not sure where you initially attempted to modify the class, so let me know if this is what you already did, but try opening Cesium3DTileset.cpp. On line 89, change this->RootComponent->SetMobility(EComponentMobility::Static); to this->RootComponent->SetMobility(EComponentMobility::Movable); I suspect if you modified it somewhere else, it was overridden by this line.

Let me know if that doesn’t work, and I’ll try to figure out if there’s something else to try.