How to distinguish between outline and entity

When an entity is created with an outline, if you mouse click on the outline and then scene.drillPick, two entities are returned. I am assuming one entity is the outline and the other is the entity itself. However, I cannot seem to distinguish between each. Is there a way to determine which entity I am evaluating?

@KenD2364

Welcome to the community! I have been receiving a lot of questions about scene.drillPick recently.

I believe that there is a way to determine which entity you are evaluating. Each Entity object has members such as name and path which might help you determine more information about the Entity. Here is the complete documentation for Entity:

https://cesium.com/learn/cesiumjs/ref-doc/Entity.html?classFilter=entity

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. More information about your use case and intended application would help ensure that I am able to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

-Sam

I am creating an Entity that contains a description, BillboardGgraphic, and an EllipseGraphic (conatining a material to fill the ellipse and an outline). Those internal elements do not have a name or path that I can add. If I click on the ellipse outline, the drillPick returns 2 entities at the position. Both of those entities show as an Ellipse which I assume to be the ellipse itself (or the fill material) and the outline (If I drillPick on somewhere inside the ellipse, I only get 1 entity). I need to distinguish between the outline and the ellipse (fill material).

I am trying to create an interface that would allow the user to either move or resize the ellipse. If they mouse button down on the outline and drag, I want the ellipse to change its size. If they mouse down somewhere inside the ellipse and drag, I want the ellipse to change position.

@KenD2364

Thanks for the information! I think I have a good grasp of what you are trying to accomplish. Could you please send over a sandcastle demo so I can see exactly how you are using scene.drillPick?

-Sam