How to upload the New York tileset data from the demos to my own ION account asset depot?

1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.

I have been using the default ion access token, and using the New York city tileset for development, for instance:

var tileset = new Cesium.Cesium3DTileset({ url: Cesium.IonResource.fromAssetId(4693)});

Works great, but now I've begun to use my own access token, and I don't have that asset in my depot. I found a download file here:

https://cesiumjs.org/NewYork

Which gives me a NewYorkCityGml.zip file. However, I can't seem to upload that file to my asset depot. It says the file type is not supported.

Can someone provide any pointers about how one goes about getting assets such as these available in your own asset depot? Am I going about this the wrong way?

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

I would like to render camera views over the NYC tileset.

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.

Cesiumjs 1.4.7, Mac OS X El Capitan, Google Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi! This has been a frequent question, so Cesium is working on making the NYC dataset available for all users. :smiley: Follow up on this with issue #3337.

In the meantime, you can contact Tim at tim@cesium.com about converting the tile set. You may need a bigger ion account than the one you have now if you are to add the dataset, so this link would be helpful for that.

Thank you for the quick response! I'll keep an eye out and am considering account upgrade.

thx