3d tiles are unloading when I get close

Hi, I’m working on a pipeline to produce a tileset with hierarchical lodding of CAD models. Initially I was doing the coordinate system incorrectly for boundingVolumes mixing Z and Y axis up - but now that I’ve fixed that up, my tiles disappear when I get close.

Enabling the bounding volumes seems like they are correctly aligned:

However when I get close like this:

And then perform one more scroll, everything unloads. I’m a little confused as when I had Z and Y mixed up (volumes were more vertical) I had a better experience, but now I can’t explain it.

Here’s a onedrive upload of the tileset in a .zip: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

My code looks like this:

<div id="cesiumContainer"></div>
    <script>
        var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer('cesiumContainer', 
        {
            scene3DOnly: true,
            timeline: false,
            sceneMode : Cesium.SceneMode.SCENE3D,
            infoBox: false,
            animation: false
        });

viewer.extend(Cesium.viewerCesium3DTilesInspectorMixin);
        var inspectorViewModel = viewer.cesium3DTilesInspector.viewModel;

var tileset = viewer.scene.primitives.add(new Cesium.Cesium3DTileset({
            url : './tilesets/Stadium6/tileset.json',
            allowPicking: true,
            debugShowBoundingVolume: true                
        }));

inspectorViewModel.tileset = tileset;

viewer.zoomTo(tileset);

</script>

@SentientAlek

Welcome to the community and thank you for the detailed forum post. In the future, all we need is your asset id number and your permission to access files stored in Cesium ion for debugging.

I opened up your source data and everything looks great - so I do not think the issue is the data. While I think I have a good grasp on what the issue is, a .gif of the behavior would be helpful. More details on your use case and intended application give me high-level information that can help me better assist you.

Do you think that your asset is disappearing when the camera is inside of it? In this case, maybe setting a default behavior for when the camera intersects with the asset might be a solution.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

-Sam