API Documentation for Cesium for Unity

I’m sorry if this is a newb question. I hope it’s an easy answer…

Where can I find the API documentation for the Cesium for Unity package?

I take it from the silence that there is no API documentation for the Cesium for Unity package?

If you’re looking for official API spec pages, like here…

Then, no, no API docs for Cesium for Unity as of yet.

That said, we do have tutorials and samples to follow,

As well as more info at the root of our repo,

Thanks Brian.

I have checked all the “usual” places for more information, but I was hoping there was some API documentation for the Unity package similar to the CesciumJS API documentation, but I guess not…

Thanks anyways!

The source code for Cesium for Unity is here:

All of the public types, methods, and properties have extensive doc comments which serve as API documentation. We haven’t yet set up a process to render separate reference documentation from them, though.

I suspected that reading the source code is the current solution, albeit, not ideal.

I spent a day getting the cesium-unity package embedded in the Packages folder using the instructions here: https://github.com/CesiumGS/cesium-unity/blob/main/Documentation~/developer-setup.md just so I had direct access to the source code in my Visual Studio solution (including compiling the cesium-native repo and dependencies). I suppose this works for now.

Thanks anyways for your help.

I would like to embed the cesium-unity package in my project (instead of using the package manager) so that the source code gets added to the visual studio solution. I know I can do this by selecting the “Registry packages” option in the External tools preferences, but this adds about 100 projects to the Visual Studio solution.

I tried to add the cesium-unity GitHub repo as a submodule but this does not work “out of the box” and requires quite a few extra steps (shown here: https://github.com/CesiumGS/cesium-unity/blob/main/Documentation~/developer-setup.md) to compile the dependencies.

Is there an easier way to do this without:

1. Committing the entire package to our GitHub repo
  2. Requiring all the additional steps to compile the requirements

Ideally, there is a git URL that I can just add to the project as a submodule that contains the precompiled binaries?

For now, I just extracted the contents of https://github.com/CesiumGS/cesium-unity/releases/download/v1.6.4/com.cesium.unity-1.6.4.tgz and this seems to work, but violates the 1st requirement.

I believe you can just extract the release .tgz to [project directory]/Packages/com.cesium.unity. Get the .tgz from our releases page: Releases · CesiumGS/cesium-unity · GitHub

Yes, that’s exactly what I did, but I was hoping I could avoid committing the entire package into my repo.

Thanks anyways.

I’m a bit confused, because you said:

I would like to embed the cesium-unity package in my project

But then you don’t want it in your repo? Ok, just add it to .gitignore, or equivalent. If the Packages/com.cesium.unity exists, Unity will use it. If it doesn’t, Unity will install it from the package manager.