Cesium and safari compatibility

Hi all,

I am currently using both chrome and safari for my project. Everything works fine and smooth in Chrome. However when I switch to safari, my imagerylayer will not show up and everything seems laggy as well. Is there an issue regarding the compatibility for safari?

@yuhaoecopia

Thank you for your post! I briefly looked through the forum and noticed that you are not the only person who is having issues with CesiumJS on Safari.

If these problems continue, I can work with you to submit an issue on GitHub. What version of Safari are you using? Are you on an M1 Macbook? I can also take a look at your code to ensure that your code isn’t the source of the issue - can you send a sandcastle demo?

Best,
Sam

Hi Sam,

I have managed to load everything in safari by myself. But the performance is significantly poorer than Chrome. Do you think it is because safari hasnt officially support webgl2 yet? Or is there any setting that I can play around to improve the overall performance in safari? Chrome on the other hand works perfectly and no issue at all.

Thank you,
Yuhao

1 Like

@yuhaoecopia

I am glad to hear that you loaded everything in Safari. It’s certainly possible that the discrepancy in performance is caused by the fact that Safari does not officially support WebGL 2. I am not aware of any settings that you can modify to improve performance in Safari. Maybe other folks in the community have suggestions?

Best,
Sam