Myself and a coworker have differing views on how tile refinement behaves, and have read docs without coming to a consensus. We have a pipeline for producing HLOD 3d tiles from cad models, and are trying to establish how the content loading should work.
Firstly what is the correct terminology to use here? If a tile gets refined, are the children considered loaded? Active? Primed? What are the states that a tile can be in?
Consider this example: parent tile R (with refine:replace) has 3 children, A,B,C. C has refine:add. None of these have child tiles.
Which of these is correct given R is being refined, and all tiles are within the frustum?
- A+B+C are all loaded (active?), and will all render
- A and B are loaded and ready to render. C is only loaded and rendered if the SSE is desired by the viewer.
- A, B and C are each individually decided whether or not they are rendered. Any combination of which is rendered exists, depending on SSE of each
Example 2: Exactly the above above, except R is refine:add
- R+A+B+C will all render
- R+A+B will render. C may or may not depending on the SSE
- R+(any combination of A, B, C). Depending on SSE