Ellipsoid texture not working on moving entity

Hi all,

I’d like to have an ellipsoid with a texture applied to it. It seems the texture is properly applied on a static object whose position does not change over time, while I cannot make it work on a moving object.

ellipsoid_anim

here is a sandcastle example demonstrating my problem
sandcastle

In the case of the object moving I’m initializing the list of positions of the object over time with a SampledPositionProperty, that allows a smooth entity animation.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in Cesium?

I’m using latest Cesium version (1.97)
Browser: Chrome, Firefox

Thanks in advance for your help

Ever any solution for this?

Realize this is rather old but seeing the same issue with a replacement moon object I am trying to use, since the default moon has a depth test issue making it hard to visualize an object in orbit. I have seen working examples with static lists of points but dynamically updating the location causes the image to be lost. Any way around this? Sandcastle above is pretty much what I am doing

Hi there,

This was reported as a bug in GitHub: Entity with image material doesn't work when its entity‘s position is time-dynamic · Issue #9674 · CesiumGS/cesium · GitHub

There’s been no progress yet, but we’d be happy to review a fix if its possible for you to contribute.