Entity material and rotation. Trying to "go out of the borders" to achieve something special.

How can I set shader material to polygon entity?
MaterialProperty() doesnt allow me to do that, and I can not set basic Material() to it.

Other question is about rotation.

How can I rotate entity?

I can set initial rotation with ‘orientation’ property, but then it becomes ConstantProperty and wont change.

Next little one: is it possible to move origin of texture? Offset from start. I need to create ‘floating’ layer (Clouds), here is my code:

var pos = Cesium.Cartesian3.fromDegrees(-55.0, 37.0, -6478137.0);

var rad = new Cesium.Cartesian3(6478137.0, 6478137.0, 6478137.0);

window.testEnt = this.viewer.entities.add(

{

position: pos,

ellipsoid : {

radii : Cesium.Cartesian3.multiplyByScalar(rad, 1.05, rad),

outline : false,

material : new Cesium.ImageMaterialProperty({

image: ‘/assets/textures/fair_clouds_4k.png’,

color: new Cesium.Color(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.4),

transparent: true

})

}

}

);

May be I’m doing it all wrong.

I need to create cloud layer that will be on top of all other layers and entities (polygons).

Used some dirty hack with negative height for ellipsoid.

My overall aim is to achieve something like this: http://planetmaker.wthr.us/# + clouds.

Atmosphere has inner gradient (done with simple white fog on three.js) and it blacks out on dark side of planet.

Is it possible in cesium?

I can attach screenshots if they are needed.

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean by using a shader material for an entity. Can you elaborate?

For rotation, there are different ways to rotate different entities. What are you trying to rotate?

To overlay the clouds on the globe, I would recommend adding a SingleTileImageryProvider that spans the whole globe

To enable globe lighting, use viewer.scene.globe.enableLighting = true

Best,

Hannah