FME to 3D Tiles Producing - Color / Material Problem

Hi, I can produce 3D Tiles quickly and easily using FME program.

However, a strange gradient appearance is seen when viewing through Cesium Ion.

var myStyle = new Cesium.Cesium3DTileStyle ({
     color: "rgba (255, 255, 255, 1)",
     show: 0
 });

I’ve also tried many other different color definitions in the figure, but then there’s an image like the different shades of the specified color.

When I only generate 2D GIS polygon data using FME using 3D Tiles, polygons are colored in gradient.

Why is this happening? How can I reset all color and material settings from Cesium 3D Tiles?

Thanks,

Güçlü

The situation described above occurs in FME 2018 and 2019.

When I produce in 2017 the attached image is formed.

The code is the same but these polygons are not white but gray.

This issue is related to the material settings of the 3D Tiles. But I have read all the documents and tried the codes. I couldn’t fix this outlook. Have you ever experienced this?

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you able to post a Sandcastle URL with your 3D Tiles so I can take a look? You can do this by going to Sandcastle (https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Build/Apps/Sandcastle/) loading your tileset with its ion asset ID:

var tileset = scene.primitives.add(

new Cesium.Cesium3DTileset({

url: Cesium.IonResource.fromAssetId(8564)

})

);

tileset.readyPromise.then(function(tileset) {

viewer.zoomTo(tileset, new Cesium.HeadingPitchRange(0.5, -0.2, tileset.boundingSphere.radius * 4.0));

}).otherwise(function(error) {

console.log(error);

});

``

Then click “Share” button at the top and paste the link you get here.

Is the goal to get the buildings to have a solid white color?

Thanks Omar for the method, but the owner of the data is a local government and they don’t want to upload real city data to the different countries’s server. This is a problem I have. I’m trying to solve this situation using FME or another 3DTiles converter. FME is really user friendly and easy to convert any geospatial data to many different format. But I guess 3DTiles converter has a little problem with material or color options…

I’m also trying to solve this problem in Cesium to reset any color or material settings. But I couldn’t do that for now. .I’ve tried many codes. If it is possible, I have to change the material settings of the polygons…

I do believe using FME actually does upload and tile the data from Cesium ion, if I’m not mistaken:

https://www.safe.com/integrate/cesium-ion/

It might also be helpful to ask their support if they can help with that if you haven’t already (and if you figure it out please post the solution here so others can see it!)