Getting glTF-data directly when using the entities api possible?

Hello,

I am trying to load a glTF-model using the entities api, which works well so far. I’d like to cache the model data so I don’t have to query the server each time the model was unloaded and gets reloaded.

Is there any way to access the model data with the entities api? I couldn’t find anything that hints to it in the documentation. Where is the model data stored? The problem is that I have to provide the url to the file to create the entity, thus never allowing me to store the actual glTF.

I know it is possible with the primitives api, but I’d like to avoid that if possible, since I had some trouble with positioning my model correctly.

Also, is there any way to create entities from the data directly, instead of providing a url? This would be necessary if I want to recreate the entities from the cached data.

Any help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @t16h05008

The ModelGraphics class allows you to associate a model with an Entity. This Sancastle illustrates how to do that.

Also, is there any way to create entities from the data directly, instead of providing a url?

For 3D models, this is not currently supported.