Help! libcurl error: 6 (Couldn't resolve host name)

On the Unreal Engine, I set the source to From Url and Url to file://C:/Users/MnS_Modeling/tileset.json, but it does not load
I’ve checked the path setting again and again, checked the json file to see if there’s anything wrong with the path stored in json, but I don’t know why it’s not working
If you can help me, I’d really appreciate it

Thank you!

It looks like it’s loading the tileset.json successfully, but then failing to load individual tiles. What do the relative paths to tile files in the tileset.json look like? Also, is this the latest version of Cesium for Unreal?

1 Like

Thank you for your answer!

I used to put it in the user/user name/modeling of the c drive, but another attempt was to put the Modeling folder in the Unreal Engine project folder.
So here’s the relative path
./Modeling/tileset.json
And since it’s running on Unreal Engine 5.0, the plug-in is also using that version.

Sure, but like I said, it’s loading the tileset.json successfully. So the problem is in loading the tiles referenced by the tileset.json. I’m asking about what’s inside tileset.json.

1 Like

Oh~ i understand!

{
“root”: {
“transform”: [
],
“geometricError”: 5000.0,
“refine”: “REPLACE”,
“boundingVolume”: {
“region”: [
]
},
“content”: {
“uri”: “content/{level}{x}{y}.b3dm”
},
“implicitTiling”: {
“subdivisionScheme”: “QUADTREE”,
“subtreeLevels”: 1,
“subtrees”: {
“uri”: “subtrees/{level}{x}{y}.subtree”
}
}
},
“asset”: {
“generator”: “pg2b3dm 1.2.3.0”,
“version”: “1.0”
}
}

it its all~

Ok, the problem is that this is 3D Tiles 1.1 with implicit tiling. Cesium for Unreal does support implicit tiling, but only with the 3DTILES_implicit_tiling extension. Keep an eye on this issue:

1 Like

Thanks to your help, there will be no more errors Thank you!
But I can’t see anything from the tile set.

The modified code was as follows.

"content": {
  "uri": "content/{level}_{x}_{y}.b3dm"
},
"extensions": {
  "3DTILES_implicit_tiling": {
    "subdivisionScheme": "OCTREE",
    "availableLevels": 1,
    "subtreeLevels": 1,
    "subtrees": {
      "uri": "subtrees/{level}_{x}_{y}.subtree"
    }
  }
},
"asset": {
  "generator": "pg2b3dm 1.2.3.0",
  "version": "1.0"
}

}

I’m going to study whether the tile set is wrong or not However, I would appreciate it if you could let me know if there is anything wrong.

Well, I’m not sure exactly. But one thing that looks a little suspicious is that you’ve indicated OCTREE subdivision, but there’s no {z} parameter in your content URLs. Does this tileset work elsewhere, like CesiumJS?

1 Like

I’m sorry. That’s what OCTREE meant I didn’t know that and changed it from QUADTREE to OCTREE But it’s still not working

For this problem, I will download cesium js and check if it can be loaded, and the organization that provided this file should also inquire.
Of course, the 3DTILES_implicit_tiling extension version

Thank you again for your help
a kind person~!