How do I scale the primitive and save it origin

Hello,

Problem 1.

I would like to scale the primitive using it’s model matrix, to dynamically change its size depending on distance to it from the viewer.camera.position. The problem is when i apply the scale, primitive just disappears. Also I investigated that if applying the very small scale value, like 0.999999 it works properly.

Problem 2

When scaling the model it’s origin shifts. I think that may cause model disappearing when applying large scale values - so the primitive just shifts far far away from it’s origin and I can’t find it.

Here is my approach in [Sandcastle]Cesium Sandcastle)

Thank in advance,
Ilya Shevelev

Update.

I’ve got that the scale do not apply properly because it scale the primitive with respect to Cartesian system origin, while the actual primitive position is shifted. So my new approach is to translate the primitive by minus its position, scale it and then translate it back.

Here is updated sandcastle.

But it only works with scale values 2 or 0.5, when applying any other values primitive just disappears.

Appreciate any help.

1 Like

Thanks for you Sandcastle, it helped me in my work.
I modified it to apply any scale value.

I know it is too late for answer, but maybe this will help some other people.

Hi, thank you for replying!

The final goal was to scale several geometry instances preserving there origin. Seems like the proposed workflow does not works for this case.

Here is an updated Sandcastle