How to select an entity if it is reloaded via geojson at 15Hz

1. A concise explanation of the problem you're experiencing.

I am loading geojson entities between 10-15Hz and I am unable to select any entity. The select indicator appears momentarily but then disappears straight away. I believe that this is because upon load the data is replaced inside the entity collection.

2. A minimal code example. If you've found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

// This is setup on boot
    // this.vectorSource = new Cesium.GeoJsonDataSource();

// This is called at 10-15Hz, where vectorData is the GeoJSON object
    let prom = this.vectorSource.load(this.vectorData);
    prom.then((dataSource) => {});

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

The GeoJSON represent aircraft that is moving and hence the coordinates are being changed beyond the scope of the application, i.e. an outside application is generating the GeoJSON and transmitting it to the browser. Is there a better way to reload this data while at the same time being able to select and drag entities around the map ???

4. The Cesium version you're using, your operating system and browser.

Cesium: 1.37.0
Broswer: Chrome

Hi there,

The GeoJSON data format doesn’t deal with updating an entity over time. See this thread for more information. So you won’t be able to just reload new vectorData in and have the styling or behavior you’ve applied to the entities persist. You should be able to re-add the behavior in the load callback:

let prom = this.vectorSource.load(this.vectorData);
prom.then((dataSource) => {

// Add styling or behavior to entities here

});

​Thanks,
Gabby