Intersection with glTF model

Omar,

Thanks for the reply, I am checking out v1.50. I am particularly interested in the scene.pickFromRay() api. Curious if there is a sandcastle example for this? Seems straightforward, but I'm actually generating some exceptions, at least on the 3D Tiles that I have tried to use.

-Eric

There isn’t a Sandcastle example for it yet I think because it’s still a private function, so its API may change. I believe Sean is still developing this, this is the latest PR:

With that said, of course Cesium is an open source library and you can hack away at it to your heart’s content. I think you can get some insight on how the pickFromRay is used internally by looking at the scene clampToHeight function:

Ah, I see. Thanks Omar!

Omar,

I submitted a PR for the issue I described above: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/pull/7129

Ended up running into another issue after that. 'scene.pickFromRay()' will occasionally return undefined in cases where I know it should actually return a result. From what I can tell, I think the issue is in 'PickFramebuffer.prototype.end' either 'context.readPixels()' is not invoked correctly or the colors are not being indexed correctly from the 'pixels' object. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Should I report this on github?

Thanks,
Eric

Awesome, thank you so much for the contribution Eric! This’ll definitely help as Sean is actively developing this.

This might be worth mentioning in the same PR, and @mention-ing Sean. He might have more insight here, and if it is a bug perhaps it could get fixed in the same PR?