New Ascent (MD Space/Education Startup) Developer Support

Hello! I’m Rob Quigley, co-founder and CEO of New Ascent (www.newascent.space), a startup out of Maryland. We’re in a bit of a bind, and looking for a developer with experience in Cesium and Java.

At New Ascent, we’re developing products and experiences that use ground-based launch systems (think glorified potato guns). Our first product, MISSION:SubSpace, is a STEM learning experience for middle through high school classrooms built around the suborbital launch of tiny satellites called ChipSats. The centerpiece of the experience for the students is a mission control-like web portal that uses Cesium to provide a 3D visualization of a swarm of ChipSats as they descend through the atmosphere. The portal also includes broadcaster, chat, 2D ChipSat data graphs, and a few other elements.

We’re trying to create something truly engaging that will open students’ eyes to all the cool things happening in aerospace and other high technology industries at a time in their lives where they’re starting to think about big picture things like what they want to do when they grow up…and maybe give them a better answer than starting a youtube channel.

We’re just a few weeks away from the start of a classroom pilot (we finished up a ChipSat test campaign at Spaceport America two days ago and have about a dozen classrooms lined up for the pilot). Our developer for the portal had to take a step back before the pilot version was complete, so I’m reaching out for help.

If you’re a developer, or know one who might be able to help, please send me a note (Rob@newascent.space). We could use support ranging from someone who could pick up the dev work on the portal and quickly carry the pilot version across the finish line, to people who could simply be on standby to answer a call if we run into issues with the Cesium viz.

Thank You!
Rob

Hi Rob,
If you are still on the lookout for someone I would be happy to help you, as I am an experienced Cesium consultant and what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew