Good Morning Cesium Team,
I wanted to make a new post regarding steps I need to take to get some functionality I've worked on for a project at my lab added to your plugins page. I've mainly reused the percolorinstanceflat shaders and hacked your current polygon library to have the minimal variables needed to make a multicolor triangle. However, I do plan on adding more functionality as time permits (I'm a masters student at Purdue). Here's my library... https://github.com/brianolsen87/cesium-plugins .
I really like the cesium library and would like to contribute when possible. My plugins repo has examples to meet the requirements laid out here...https://cesiumjs.org/2014/01/16/Introducing-Cesium-Plugins/ and here https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium-plugins-list.
I was previously discussing with Patrick on this discussion thread about how to do the multi-color polygon shading... https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/cesium-dev&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&hideforumtitle=true&fragments=true&parenturl=http%3A%2F%2Fcesiumjs.org%2Fforum.html%23!msg%2Fcesium-dev%2FULxqzpaQ68s%2FFJBsisdfys0J#!topic/cesium-dev/ULxqzpaQ68s.
I'm not the only one in the community looking for this functionality either...https://groups.google.com/forum/embed/?place=forum/cesium-dev&showsearch=true&showpopout=true&hideforumtitle=true&fragments=true&parenturl=https%3A%2F%2Fcesiumjs.org%2Fforum.html#!topic/cesium-dev/1t-rTVuAI_Y.
1) I am having trouble getting createMultiColorPolygon to work. So currently it's being done synchronously calling createGeometry. When you have a chance could you see if there's something wrong I'm doing? Do I need the pack/unpack methods in my geometry before this will work?
1) Add in the pack/unpack functions to my geometry class. (This may also be causing some issues with using a web worker)
2) Allow extruded multi-color triangle (1 color per (lat/long))
3) Build off item 2 and do what's being done in ground polygon branch but with multi color triangles so we can render multi-color polygons on a terrain.
4) See about extending functionality to Entity API.
5) I've considered adding a Graph API to specify 3D shapes in space but this my be too complex for a browser.
Any suggestions of what I need to do before you guys can list before listing me on the plugins page? I've been contacted once stating that they couldn't get my implementation running and I believe it's due to the bug I've listed above. More details to come.
Thanks guys! Keep up the great work!