Request for Guidance on Achieving Colorful Cesium OSM Buildings in Unity

Hello,

I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation to the Cesium team for their work on Cesium for Unity. I’m currently in the process of transitioning one of my existing CesiumJS projects to Unity.

However, I encountered an issue while adding the Cesium OSM Building (Ion asset id = 96188) to the scene. The buildings appeared to be plain and lacking in color, as you can see in the first picture attached.

In contrast, my existing CesiumJS project displays NYC buildings in much nicer color, as shown in the second picture. This was achieved by adding just one line of JavaScript code: “viewer.scene.primitives.add(Cesium.createOsmBuildings());”

I’m curious to know how I can achieve the same level of color quality in Unity, as compared to CesiumJS. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide on this matter.

Thank you for your help.

NYC buildings in Unity:

NYC buildings in CesiumJS:

This is currently not possible, but we will be adding metadata-driven styling (which is what CesiumJS is using) in a future version.

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate the information on the current limitations of the Cesium OSM Buildings in Unity. It’s good to hear that metadata-driven styling will be added in a future version, as this will enable the same level of color quality as in CesiumJS. I look forward to trying it out when it becomes available.

Thanks again for your help.