split czml to tiles so that it streams data relevant only for that current view

hi

is there any built in implementation for streaming czml only for the current view

in details :

i’m looking for a way to split my big czml to tiles so that czml will load only the relevant data for that specific view

Hi Maty,

There’s not any built-in way to do that. We’ve talked about adding one, but don’t have any concrete plans at the moment.

If you feel like tackling it yourself, take a look at the tiledGeometry branch:

https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/tree/tiledGeometry

This adds a QuadtreePrimitive that can be used to render any quadtree-organized data. You’ll still need to divide up your CZML into tiles yourself, and you’ll need to write a tile provider that either adds/removes CZML data sources for a file or incorporates tiled CZML objects into a single data source. I don’t know what the performance would be like for this approach, but I’m very curious to find out.

Kevin

Hi Maty,

I'm curious as to whether you were able to accomplish this. I am trying to do the exact same thing.

I have incredibly large CZML files that span the time interval of a day. I can break up the CZML file into several files based on time increments,such as one minute intervals.

If you were able to figure out how to do this, I would love to hear what you did as this could be extremely helpful to me.

Thanks!
Natasha

Hi Natasha,

We are working on something, but a little different than what you need.

We took the branch tiledGeometry (works only for primitives) and made adjustments

so that it would be possible to send a REST request to the server with the particular display (tiles) parameters.

then with the return I’m rendering it to the view

Soon I will create a GitHub repository with a code that does this

So if you’re interested I can let you know when it happens.

Maty.

Hi Maty,

Thanks for the explanation! And yes, I would love it if you could let me know when the code becomes available via GitHub. I would very much love to look at it.

Thanks for your help.

~Natasha

I am very interested in this, can I get link to github?