Tileset with request volume example

Hi All,

I am currently experimenting with the 3D tiles samples available at https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles-samples. I have attempted to replicate the “Request Volume” example provided here to no avail. It seems I am unable to zoom inside the building where the point cloud should be rendered. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Regards

Kabiro

It seems ok to me. Are you zooming into the bottom floor of the building? Are you on the 3d-tiles-proximity branch?

Also the branch was pretty behind so I just updated it, and confirmed that everything still works.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I’m using the 3d-tiles-proximity branch. The test dataset seems to load with no problem.

However, there seems to be a restriction on how far I can zoom into the building. The figure below shows the maximum zoom into the building in my case. Do you have any idea what this may be caused by?

Thanks

Kabiro

Oh I see. The sample code sets the camera to rotate about the center of the tileset and doesn’t zoom in past that point. Usually I swivel the camera around to the other side, then zoom into the building. Here is some new sample code that should help out (I also will update the 3d-tiles-samples repo):

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’);

var tileset = viewer.scene.primitives.add(new Cesium.Cesium3DTileset({

url : 'http://localhost:8003/tilesets/TilesetWithDiscreteLOD/'

}));

Cesium.when(tileset.readyPromise).then(function(tileset) {

viewer.camera.viewBoundingSphere(tileset.boundingSphere, new Cesium.HeadingPitchRange(0, -0.5, 0));

viewer.camera.lookAtTransform(Cesium.Matrix4.IDENTITY);

});

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the new sample code, the zoom seems to work now. Is the point cloud only visible from a particular side of the building or direction? I’ve tried zooming in from different sides but have received a rendering error message whenever I’m inside the building.

Regards

Kabiro

This change should fix that error message. Replace:

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’);

with

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’, {

scene3DOnly : true,

});

Sorry for the troubles, point cloud rendering has changed a lot lately and I forgot to include that line in the samples repo.

Thanks, it seems to be working fine now.

K