Using ESRI Cached server

This is my first post and introduction to Cesium. I have experience with Google API in a limited capacity. So please be patient with my questions/ignorance.

I have a ESRI server behind my firewall local to my work. I'm using the following Tutorial to use ESRI REST to pull in the data. https://cesiumjs.org/2013/01/04/Cesium-Imagery-Layers-Tutorial/

The problem I noticed from the F12 Network window is an addition after the MapServer/tile/15/0/0 with a 404 error next to. Why is this occurring and how do I prevent it from happening?

Sorry to be clear The problem I noticed from the F12 Network window is an addition after the MapServer which is /tile/15/0/0 with a 404 error next to. Why is /tile being added and how do I prevent it from happening?

Hello,

I"m not very familiar with this, but from looking at the code, the ArcGisMapServerImageryProvider uses the url with “/tiles/” if options.usePreCachedTilesIfAvailable = true (this is the default). The documentation says this option “If true, the server’s pre-cached tiles are used if they are available. If false, any pre-cached tiles are ignored and the ‘export’ service is used.” You could try setting that option to false to see if that fixes your problem.

Alternately, if your server expects a different URL format, you might be able to use a UrlTemplateImageryProvider instead.

Best,

Hannah

Thanks for the information. Upon further review the problem was I pointed to a dynamic server and not cache and it was taking some time to pull in the information.