Weird IE Edge canvas issue

In my application I have the following code to get the rectangle in view. It uses canvas to get width and height.
//view rectangle
var posUL = cam.pickEllipsoid(new Cesium.Cartesian2(0,0), Cesium.Ellipsoid.WGS84);
var posLR = cam.pickEllipsoid(new Cesium.Cartesian2(viewer.canvas.width, viewer.canvas.height), Cesium.Ellipsoid.WGS84);
var posLL = cam.pickEllipsoid(new Cesium.Cartesian2(0, viewer.canvas.height), Cesium.Ellipsoid.WGS84);
var posUR = cam.pickEllipsoid(new Cesium.Cartesian2(viewer.canvas.width, 0), Cesium.Ellipsoid.WGS84);

On certain machines, IE Edge can’t get posLR, posLL and posUR using the code above and Cesium throws an error due to a lack of a value.

In testing, if I manually set those values width and height values for a 100x100 rectangle, it works. So in IE Edge on some PC’s it chokes on
viewer.canvas.width, viewer.canvas.height.
Another dev that I work with had the error. I had him check to see if his browser had canvas support using a few different js methods and they all returned true.

Anyone else have this random issue? Of course my PC doesn’t have a problem with this but, others on my team do. This could pop up from the general public, which I want to try and avoid.

Thanks,

-Gerry

Hello Gerry,

You can use the function Camera.computeViewRectangle to get the rectangle currently in view by the camera. This should be more accurate for each browser.

Best,

Hannah