What do you want to see from Cesium in 2019?

Would be sweet to see Cesium Fog() affect the visibility of 3Dtiles and models as well.

Ability to import autodesk files like DWG DXF etc...

Two features come to mind for me.
VR. It would be nice to have the ability to switch mode like 2D and 3D into VR with full motion controller support as well. Much like the WebVR demo at Babylon.js

Also the ability to specify a lat long bounding box that tells cesium to reload the terrain (maybe image as well) tiles inside the box. This would help with applications that have dynamic terrain elevations.

HI
Thank you very much for providing a very good framework for your team. I would like to ask when cesium can support Vector data support and More GPU-accelerated analytics

Cesium does already support vector data as CZML, GeoJSON or through the Entity API. Adding a vector format to 3D Tiles would be the next step in being able to visualize much larger vector data sets, you can see the roadmap here https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/3d-tiles/issues/25.

There does exist analytics built on top of CesiumJS available commercially that you can check out here: https://cesium.com/ion-sdk/

+1 for Custom builds of Cesium (the Entity API is unused by us in addition to service implementations such as WMS, ArcGIS, etc.), Polyline improvements, and offscreen canvas support.

Can you elaborate a bit on this William? For custom builds, do you mean the ability to create your own materials/primitives? Are there specific things you’re trying to do now with Cesium that are difficult or not possible?

Also, can you tell me a bit more about your use cases for offscreen canvases?

Hey,

I have an ESRI REST map service of a layout which requires to login every time it loads. In ESRI, we use Java proxy to avoid logging in on the front end. Similarly in Cesium, is there an option to bypass logging in front end?

I have used ArcGisMapServerImageryProvider to load that layout map service but the tiles didn't load. There is an optional parameter called "proxy" but I'm not able to use it due to lack of documentation. Can you please help me out here?

Thanks,
Prashanth

Hey Prashanth,

If you can start a new thread with a Sandcastle/code example, I’d be happy to take a look.

Hey Gabby,

Not sure if it's already on SDK or only used by VEGA Raytheon but can we get a code/API, atleast directions, for Cesium drawn objects export as geo-referenced .dwg or .dgn ?

How would it be possible to visualize Cesium project contents into VR system?

Thank you answer.

Hey Mackevicius,

Can you provide a bit more context on what you mean? Do you mean you have a scene in CesiumJS with entities/polygons that you want to export to visualize in a different program?

If you can open a new thread with your question I’d be happy to take a look there.

I would love to use some GIF Animation addition in both entity api and czml as well.

Hey,

Could we have a protocol on any kind of objects drawn in Cesium space to be exported as .dwg, .dxf or .dgn content in a file, coordinated on ECEF or any other chosen WCS?

2019-06-12, tr, 02:14 Omar Shehata omar.sameh.shehata@gmail.com rašė:

We do have a GitHub issue for that here, with some suggested work-arounds you can try:

https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/2319

I’ve bumped it to add a link to this post!

We do have an issue for export scenes from CesiumJS as CZML:

https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/7372

I think that would be the first step, and I can imagine building on top of that to convert the captured CZML to any of those formats. Can you describe your use case here a bit? Are you using CesiumJS to create a scene to then display in other programs, or is the goal to edit the exported geometry in other programs, and then perhaps be able to visualize back in Cesium?

It pops up every year, but I’ll just float the idea of supporting multiple terrain providers again.

Our use-case is representing various land development scenarios that might range from single properties through to 100+ subdivisions. Within a single neighborhood there could be multiple sites each with different plans that we would want to review, so in this case pre-generating the the different permutations isn’t really an option.

Thanks,

Steven

+1 ES6 modules.
Please rewrite all codes in ES6

在 2019年1月3日星期四 UTC+8上午12:51:36,Gabby Getz写道:

React Native compatibility, really would be amazing porting native apps with Cesium on to the mobile and native platforms.

I take it this wish list still valid for 2019, or maybe it should be 2020 :slight_smile:
The cesium inspector is a great development tool and I would like to see another feature added if it doesn’t exist already.

Recently I added vector normals to my custom quantized mesh tiles, however the shading doesn’t always match what I think should happen.

It would be nice if we could use the inspector to see the terrain tiles vector normals for debugging shading

We certainly are still keeping our eyes on this list, and appreciate all the suggestions here!

I don’t think there’s currently an easy way to see the normals, other than perhaps using the globe shading (https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html?src=Globe%20Materials.html) so that could be a useful feature.