To follow up about 3D Tiles and OGC, I am pleased to say that the votes passed for 3D Tiles to enter the OGC Community Standard process! 3D Tiles is the first spec to enter this new process!
From here, we will finalize the spec and prepare for the final adoption vote. Of course, when the spec stabilizes, we’ll also merge the 3d-tiles branch into master. The 3d-tiles branch already has unit tests and reference doc, and is being widely used.
Finally, big thanks to everyone who supported this effort, especially Scott Simmons from OGC and the 3D Tiles submission team:
- Claus Nagel, virtualcitySYSTEMS
- Dave Wesloh, US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Jean-Philippe Pons, Bentley
- Ralf Gutbell, Fraunhofer IGD
- Volker Coors, Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart