Accessing SQL Server database while using Cesium

I am new to using Cesium. I have done some basic map work and have successfully worked with kml files and such.

I now need to have an asp gridview that is filled with data from a sql server database on the same page as my Cesium map. My problem is I can't find a way to get the database connection to work. I have tried to use my normal asp code behind methods (using VB) but when I try to add in the language information like

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="advanceform.aspx.vb" Inherits="advanceform" %>

it just prints that line above my map and the connection is never made.

I have read that connecting through javascript on the client side is not a good idea. I am also new to the node.js world. I know I can use mssql within node.js to do sql server connections, but I either am doing it wrong or can't figure out how to get it merged into the Cesium environment.

Does anyone have some good examples of how to properly connect to sql server while using Cesium?

Hi there,

The Cesium.js library is entirely front-end, so this is more of a general web development question. Maybe try another forum like StackOverflow to get more answers as to connecting to your database.

Thanks,

Gabby