Adding Imagery Problem

Hi guys,

I ran the code below correctly in SandCastle, but when I used in my own project, I got errors.

I guess it probably has something to do with cross-origin issue, since Cesium is using XMLHttpRequest.

I tried to ran it with and without “proxy”.

With “proxy”, the error I got is “File not found”.

Without “proxy”, the error I got is the cross-origin retrieving data problem.

The question is how do I resolve this problem?

layers.addImageryProvider(new Cesium.WebMapServiceImageryProvider({

url : 'http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/cgi-bin/wms/nexrad/n0r.cgi?’,

layers : ‘nexrad-n0r’,

credit : ‘Radar data courtesy Iowa Environmental Mesonet’,

parameters : {

transparent : ‘true’,

format : ‘image/png’

},

proxy : new Cesium.DefaultProxy(’/proxy/’)

}));

Thanks.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Is your project using the Jetty web server that comes with Cesium? If not, you’ll need your own proxy service in whatever web server you’re using.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for reply.

I am using Node.js as the web server. I wanted to see how you guys are rendering the data that is retrieved from imagery provider.

The project I am doing is to visualize data.

For example, I retrieve four JSON files, which are longitude, latitude, time, and the value that corresponding to longitude and latitude, then display them on the globe.

The way I am doing is that I used Extent to draw a lot of geometries on the globe, then used clock.onTick to trigger a function to reset the color of the geometries. The problem with this approach is that it rendered really really slow, so I think maybe I could try with imagery provider. I also considered to convert the JSON files to CZML, but the JSON files are sometimes over gigabytes. The converting cost could be very high.

So what might be a fast way to do this in Cesium?

Thanks again.

Steven

在 2014年2月13日星期四UTC-8下午5时51分24秒,Kevin Ring写道: