An atmospheric line in my render video

So I loaded the sample project as I need just a simple landscape video capture but there seems to be a weird line in the distance that looks like fog. At first I thought it was the volumetric clouds but rendered a video without them but the line is still there. I am using PostProcessVolume to make the light stable and don’t have to deal with auto exposure. Any leads on what might be the problem?

Hi @voinbg,

I’m not sure off the top of my head what is causing this. Can I have some more information to try and identify the problem?

1. Are you relatively near the CesiumGeoreference? I’m not sure if it’s related, but the sky / atmosphere has some known bugs when you get further from the georeference origin, as described in this Github issue.
  2. Does the line stay at the same height when you move the camera around?
  3. Does this happen in both the editor view and in play mode?

Hello, @janine ,

1. I am staying a few kilometers from the CesiumGeoreference coordinates
  2. The line moves in a weird way. It’s both in front of an object and behind it. I will post screenshots.
  3. This only happens when I render a video using the sequencer. When I am inside the editor everything looks great.

I think the problem the fog that I don’t know how to turn off or change the distance where it renders. Can’t find anything in the details menu for any ot the cesium actors.

Hi everybody!

Exactly the same issue here. The SkyAtmosphere is well applyed in the sky and cclouds but no t in 3D tiles.
I have attached two images, one is rendered usig render queue the other one is the scene view in the Unreal editor.

Some clue about solution?

Greets!

Hi @santoxue, welcome to the community!

We still don’t know about the cause of this issue, but I can make one suggestion. It looks like the atmosphere shader effect is being drawn on top of / after the tileset is rendered. Does enabling Render Custom Depth Pass on the Cesium3DTileset make a difference?

Hi.

Go to SkyAtmosphere and switch the Planet Transform Mode. Works for me.

HI! …Thanks a lot for de advices!

For the Janine advice I would need some more information because I have enabled Render customdepth pass in Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles component, but there are a lot of possible parameter combination between stencil write mask and Stencil value. I made some test with no luck, the render result is the same

…And the Ben1 Advice changes the things, but in a strange way. I made some tests switching the planet transform mode to the other two option it offers “Planet top at the Component transform” and “Planet center at the Component transform” The first one does nothing and the second one do this weird effect (see image)

Any other information would be grateful…

Hi @santoxue,

Don’t worry about the other two parameters, I just wanted to test if the Render Custom Depth Pass setting alone could fix the issue. Thank you for trying it out.

Can you share some more detail about the images you posted? In particular,

• What data are you viewing? Is this Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles?
  • What is the longitude / latitude of your view?
  • What timezone / solar time is this set to?
  • What camera setup are you using? Are you using DynamicPawn? Or something else?

These details will help us replicate your scene so that we can try to reproduce the error. Thank you!

Thank you a lot for your attention Janine! Of course, I tell you as precisely I can.

.- Yes the only data I have in the scene are Google Photorealistic 3D Tiles. I have attached capture to see all the scene elements.
.- The coordinates are Lattitude: 41,3874 Longitude: 2,1686
.- Sorry, where I can Configure the timezone? I think I saw it that somewhere, but now I can’t figure out where :confused: In this scene I´m controling the day light rotating Directional light on y axis
.- I use simple camera actor in the scene and control its animation from sequencer.

What can I missing?

Hi! …Only another example to bump this tread up a bit. This is an animation from Up to down where you can see clearly how the issue happens exactly at horizon line
Thanks for any help…
SkyAtmosphere_Issue

Hi @santoxue, I’m sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for sharing more details with me! I had assumed that you were using CesiumSunSky, which includes options to change the timezone and solar time. However, it seems like you have no SunSky; your DirectionalLight, SkyAtmosphere, and SkyLight objects are all separate in the scene.

Could you check what happens when you replace them with the regular Unreal SunSky asset? I can’t seem to reproduce this effect on my end when I use it. This was my World Outliner:

If you still have issues with the SunSky, let me know so we can keep troubleshooting. Thank you again for your patience :pray:

…And now I’m sorry for my delayed response of your response :slight_smile:

Thaaanks a lot Janine, actually using CesiumSunSky the problem disappears :clap:. The only problem now is that If I use cesiumsky then I have the same issue you talk about in this other post.

I´m trying to solve it managing with the parameters of volumetric cloud actor, but if you know some trick, it would be perfect…

Thanks again and greetings!!

Pedro