billboard half visible when rendering on any of the geofeatures

Hello Patrick/Mathew,

Good Morning!

regarding the billboards on any of the geofeatures say ellipse , it is rendering but the issue is that the billboard is half rendered as given in the attachment.

please find the below code which we have used in the SandCastle as the sample code used for our requirement.

var greenCircle = viewer.entities.add({

position: Cesium.Cartesian3.fromDegrees(-111.0, 40.0),

name : ‘Green circle at height’,

ellipse : {

semiMinorAxis : 300000.0,

semiMajorAxis : 300000.0,

//height: 200000.0,

material : Cesium.Color.GREEN,

}

});

viewer.entities.add({

position : Cesium.Cartesian3.fromDegrees(-111.0, 40.0),

billboard :{

image : ‘…/images/Cesium_Logo_overlay.png’,

}

});

please let us know as to how to render the billboard image properly as it is half visible .

thanks and regards

chandrika

Hello Patrick/Mathew,

please find the attachment for the above post.

thanks and regards

chandrika

Putting some height on the billboard seems to help
position : Cesium.Cartesian3.fromDegrees(-111.0, 40.0,15000)

What you are seeing is two bugs, the transparency issue is https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/2130 and the other is related to vector data on terrain, which is being actively worked. There’s no simply workaround for this in all cases, but you can try setting the Billboard’s EyeOffset with a -z value. equal to the maximum radius of the ellipsoid

Hello Mathew:

fixed the above issues using pixeloffset and it is working fine as long as the transparency is 1.0 but once the transparency is below 1.0 say 0.5 then the rendering is not proper at the time of zoom ,

we are using czml for the generation of offset.

as suggested by u i used eyeoffset but the rendering after certain zoom level the billboard disappeards, could you please provide more inputs on the same when i am trying to set eyeOffset throughn cZML as given below for the billboard:

“eyeOffset”:{

“cartesian”:[

]

}

please let me know as to where i went wrong.

thank u so much for all the valuable inputs which u had provided.

thanks and regards

chandrika

The eyeOffset is merely a partial workaround that won’t fix the issue in all cases. As I previously stated, these are issues in Cesium itself. They will hopefully be fixed by 1.10, since the entire vector data on terrain problem is being worked on.