Boundaries/Rectangle of TerrainProvider - clippingPlane

Hi,

I have seen the example/sandcastle of terrain clipping planes and cartographic limit rectangle.

In this examples you can set a visible area - I would like to do something similar for my terrain. in the examples the boundaries are set manually.

Is there a possibility to get the range/region/rectangle of the terrain supported by the actual terrain provider. I see the tilingscheme.rectangle but this is always the whole globe - any solution ?

Regards

Rüdiger

@Ruediger_Brand

Thank you for sharing your question with the community! :grinning: Are you referring to this sandcastle demo?

From my understanding, there is no simple way to get the region of the terrain that is supported by the actual terrain provider. The presence of this data is likely dependant on the data source, meaning that there is likely no robust solution. Do other community members have thoughts or suggestions?

-Sam

@sam.rothstein

In the meantime I use the rectangle of my imageryprovider - so I can clip the terrain in good way

Rüdiger

@Ruediger_Brand

Great! That seems perfect for this application. Let me know if anything else comes up :grinning:

-Sam