Cesium Viewer Interface Translation

Hello.

I’m trying to use some resource to translation the Cesium viewer interface. But I didn’t find any documentation about this.

Did someone have the same problem? Anyone knows how to change the language to display into viewer or translate the strings into viewer?

Thanks,

Paulo

Hi there.

I am also trying to translate the user interface but found no clue. Is it possible anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando

Hi Fernando, Paulo,

All of the viewer element strings are in the source code of each individual widget. All Widget code in in the Source/Widgets/ directory. If you would be interested in pulling out the strings into an individual files for easier translations, the contribution back to Cesium would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

Gabby

Thanks, Gabby.

I’m a newbie on programming, but I will give it a try. It would be a pleasure to contribute to Cesium!

Best regards,

Fernando

Awesome, take a look at CONTRIBUTING.md to get started!

I would suggest to add i18next.js as a dependency to Cesium’s package.json and integrating an instance of i18next. This would in fact require extracting all strings to a base language file (english), and would allow for easy translation of the strings with a translation server such as weblate. This would be quite a change, and would take some time and effort for a clean integration, but I also find that this would be quite useful.

Thanks @JohnRDOrazio!

I would now say that CesiumJS would probably not implement translations or internationalization within the library itself, but rather include plugin points for an app to do so– Widget date/time internationalization/localization · Issue #5663 · CesiumGS/cesium · GitHub