Change orientation, position of a polyline

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

I have a model of a spacecraft, which I can successfully change orientation and position with properties. I would like to have a polyline(s) coming out of the spacecraft at the same orientation, positions - emulate some sort of rays.

2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

Basically want to show spacecraft emitting rays that travel from the vehicle to the ground.

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

1.45.0, windows, chrome

Hi Brian,

Could you maybe provide a sample image? I’m not sure exactly what your looking for, but I believe adding a path to your entity will be what your looking for. You can specify leadTime and/or trailTime to display a line in front of or behind your entity respectively.

Thanks,

Gabby

Thanks for the quick reply. Let me ask you a different question:
In the SandCastle example https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html?src=Interpolation.html

a plane model is changing its position and orientation. There is a path that’s shown but it is not involved in calculating the position or the orientation.

Now suppose I wanted to create a polygongeometry that traveled alongside the plane that changed its position and orientation at the same times the plane did.

Is that possible?

Thanks for the quick reply. Let me ask you a different question:
In the SandCastle example https://cesiumjs.org/Cesium/Apps/Sandcastle/index.html?src=Interpolation.html

a plane model is changing its position and orientation. There is a path that’s shown but it is not involved in calculating the position or the orientation.

Now suppose I wanted to create a polygongeometry that traveled alongside the plane that changed its position and orientation at the same times the plane did.

Is that possible?

Sure, use a Callback Property for each of the properties you want to mirror, and return the value of the plane entity’s property for each.

Looks like what I’m looking for. Thanks