Crash in 5 with Raster Ion overlay

Hello,

I’m trying to duplicate a setup in UE5 that I had in UE4.7. I am using a 3D tileset to generate a modified topology and then layering a bing map for a surface texture. I then layer another raster overlay for further customization of the “base” map. I was able to do this in UE4.27 but when I try the same setup in 5 I get this crash. Is there something I need to to different in 5? See images for reference.

LoginId:cdea30e2463fd307ca6235a41e8ac4c8
EpicAccountId:9df61b2398c4424ea54cb24a50f52479

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!Cesium3DTilesSelection::TileContentFactory::registerMagic()
UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!async::fifo_scheduler::run_all_tasks()
UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!CesiumAsync::CesiumImpl::QueuedScheduler::dispatchQueuedContinuations()
UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!Cesium3DTilesSelection::Tileset::updateView()
UnrealEditor_CesiumRuntime!ACesium3DTileset::Tick() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\CesiumForUnreal\Source\CesiumRuntime\Private\Cesium3DTileset.cpp:1616]
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Thanks,

Chris

No answer? Is this because it’s silly obvious or this is a bug?

Hi @SNChris,

It’s fair to categorize any crash as a bug, but we’re not quite sure what’s going on there. Can you share a minimal application that has the problem so we can take a look?

Kevin

Sure. Where do I send it?

If it’s not sensitive, you can attach it to a post right here. Deleting unnecessary content and the Intermediate and Saved directories should help keep the size reasonable. Or use Google Drive or similar if it’s too big. If it contains anything you’re not willing to share publicly, you can email me directly: kevin@cesium.com

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I sent you a link.

Thanks @SNChris, I was able to reproduce the problem you were seeing, and released a new version with a fix. It should be up on the Epic Marketplace soon as v1.12.2, or you can get it from GitHub right now:

Thanks Kevin,

I’ll go and get it. When is V1.122.2 out? Also… is there a way I can have multiple raster overlays?

Cheers,

Chris

v1.12.2 is on the Epic Marketplace now, too.

Yep, you can have multiple raster overlays. The trick is to give each a unique “Material Layer Key”. Overlay0 is on the bottom, and Overlay1 and Overlay2 are on top of that. If you need more than three, you’ll need a custom material.

Kevin