Hi there,
A slightly different one this time, but I’m chasing all possible source objects / places in Cesium where credits may come through. I’m rewriting how credits are dealt with in our application, and in our internal db ad objects we have various bits of credit coming through, so I wanted to marry Cesium credits into that.
The obvious place to start is the ImageryProviders, where the factory ones have a read-only credit property and the custom one where you can set it. (Btw, the factory ones usually say " This function should not be called before “UrlTemplateImageryProvider.ready returns true”, indicating that the credits are pulled from a source, however I noticed that OpenStreetMaps licence is still the old one, even in the latest 1.97 version, so maybe they’re not?)
So the question is, are there any other places where credits come through? I saw credit in KML/GeoJSON DataSource, but not in DataSource alone, for example. Where else should I look?
Finally, these are all simple text fields (I’m assuming). Are there any ideas / plans / hidden features around structured credit? A WMS source can have fairly complicated structures, which you collate into a text string, but there could be copyrights, licenses, owners, contacts, etc. Any Cesium plans around these (as Id hate to double-parse data as it comes in)
So, the tally so far;
- Factory ImageryProviders
- Factory (KML/GeoJSON) DataSources
Cheers,
Alex