display error polylineVolume when line from gorizontally to vertical

Good day. I have a question. I draw a polylineVolume and when line is vertical then shape be wrong. How i can put shape that polyline draw correctly.

function computeCircle(radius) {
        var positions = ;
        var step = 2 * Math.PI / 8;
        for (var i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
            var radians = i*step;
            positions.push(new Cartesian2(radius * Math.cos(radians), radius * Math.sin(radians)));
        }
        return positions;
    }

for (var i = 0; i < linkData.control_point.length; i++) {
                arrayPositions.push(Matrix4.multiplyByPoint(modelMatrix, new Cartesian3(
                    linkData.control_point[i].position.x,
                    - linkData.control_point[i].position.y,
                    - linkData.control_point[i].position.z), new Cartesian3()));
            }

var polyline = viewer.entities.add({
                polylineVolume: {
                        positions: arrayPositions,
                        material: Color.RED,
                        shape : computeCircle(4),

}
            });

Hello,

The polyline volume currently does not support vertical lines. I’m working on changing that in addition to fixing other bugs in the geometry, so it should be available soon.

Best,

Hannah

Thank you, I will wait that fix.

So after looking into it a little bit, the solution is more complicated than I initially anticipated. I still plan on fixing it, but I’ll have to come back to it when I have a little extra time to dig into it deeper.
Just wanted to give you an update.

-Hannah

Hello! Please, tel me you not fix this bug yet?

No, I haven’t had a chance to do this yet. I probably won’t be able to in the near future, sorry.

-Hannah

Is there any activity about this vertical oriented polylineVolume issue ?
A workaround suggestion ? It would be easy to replace vertical segment with cylinder but then we need elbows at the cylinder ends…

Dana subota, 12. ožujka 2016. u 07:40:21 UTC+1, korisnik belousov...@gmail.com napisao je:

Since geometries like polylineVolume are designed to conform to the surface of the ellipsoid, we see some problems with “vertical” geometries. We’ve started some work on geometries that don’t conform to the ellipsoid, like in this PR, so keep your eye out.

In the meantime, I would suggest the cylinder. You could add additional geometries like ellipsoids to mock the “elbow” joints.

Hi @Gabby_Getz,
Just trying to raise this topic back to see if any progress was made to allow shape extrusion along the vertical polylinevolume?
If not, what would be the easiest workaround in cesium?

Thanks in advance