Display terrains from local (offline) server with Cesium Plugin for Unreal Engine

Hi,

I need to display terrains in UnrealEngine using the Cesuim plugin.

My terrain should never be downloaded from the internet, but from a local machine. If I understood correctly, it is possible with a local server.

I found an example server here: GitHub - CesiumGS/3d-tiles-samples: Sample tilesets for learning how to use 3D Tiles

I managed to display a dragon with this example. If I want to display a complete terrain with raster, elevation, objects, …

Here are my questions:

1. Can I use this server sample with my terrains, or is there a better application or method?

2. Where can I find good documentations on this? (tutorial, configurations,…)

3. Are there any limitations to using my own server?

4. My lands are in the form of CDB. I found this converter to 3DTiles here: GitHub - CesiumGS/cdb-to-3dtiles: Convert CDB to 3D Tiles
    Is this the reference software to do this job? Is there a Windows version?

Thank you

Hi @Gregory_S

Your overall use-case is possible, but I would need to know more about your use-case to comment in details. You can find documentation at Cesium for Unreal – Cesium.

If you are setting up your own servers, then you will also have to define the limits. We will not be able to comment on it beyond the 3D Tiles standard, which is free to stream from your own servers.

At this time we do not have a timeline for the CDB to 3D Tiles pipeline support on Windows. It is Linux only. You may be able to use it with WSL, Docker, or VMs.