Create a polygon on the terrain - color the area inside the polygon like ElevationRamp for a globe or like a height-depending-heatmaps.
What I know for now:
- There is no ready solution out-of-the-box: Question: elevationramp-to-polyline
- It is possible: Looks like appropriate example
- I’ve already read about fabric and custom appearances
- I’m studying a basic of shaders.
- I’ve investigated this shaders example.
What I don’t know for now:
How to use my new knowledges on the practice (I’m new in the Cesium and some things are not very clear for me yet, but I’m working on it ).
So, my questions are:
- Is my direction (to use fabric / appearance / shaders) is right?
- Could you advice me something other that can help?
- Should I write everything (shaders, material, etc.) from scratch?
- Can I combine something ready (ex., something from GlobeFS.glsl or something) with new fabric or appearance?
- Does all kinds of primitives and entities can be used in this case?
- Could you share any appropriate examples?
Thanks in advance. I will be very appreciate for any help, explanations, conversation.