Ellipse object rotation

I have a flat 2d ellipse entity that I want to rotate on its side. From what I know and tried changing the rotation attribute only spins the ellipse. Here’s an image of what I have currently:

. So what I want is this ellipse to be vertical instead of lying horizontally. Is there anyway I can achieve what I want? I’ve also tried to change the orientation of the entity but alas that doesn’t do anything as well.

Thanks in advance,
tealminivan

@tealminivan

Thank you for sharing this issue with the community. Orienting entities is certainly a common issue that folks face! To get to the bottom of this issue it would be helpful if you could share a little bit more information about your implementation. For instance, are you adding the object to the viewer as an entity or a primitive? Sharing a sandcastle demo that showcases what you have so far would also be helpful :grinning: :rocket: Looking forward to learning more!

-Sam

Hi Sam,

I did add the object as an entity. But now I’ve realized that the flat ellipse isn’t the best shape for what I need to do. I’ve changed the object to a cylinder and now I’m able to orientate the object to my liking. However, I am running into an issue where when I increase the length of the cylinder, it increases it from both sides, however I just want to increase it to the right while the left side stays in place. How would I go about doing this? Here is what I’ve been working with: here. NOTE: you need to click on the cone entity before changing the length on the slider.

Thanks for the response and help,
Tealminivan