Entity Billboard position Error

I am wondering if anyone has fixed an issue with entity billboard selection boxes changing when changing from 3D to 2D?
I am trying to create a setup where the user can change between 2D and 3D mode both with Ellipsoid or Terrain, and all the entity billboards stay clamped to the ground. I thought. I replicated this in the billboard sandcastle. If you select the drop down option “disable the depth test when clamped to ground”, select the entity, then change to 2D mode, and the selection box is in a different location. Is it the clamp to ground that creates this error?
And how do I fix this?
Currently I have the get knockout.getObservable for terrain and imagery with a function that runs through and changes all the entities, but i am still getting weird results.
Do i need to change some attributes when going from terrain->ellipsoid and vice versa, or just 3D->2d?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

@Mitchell_Day

Thank you for your questions and comments! To the best of my knowledge, we haven’t merged a pull request that addresses the issue with entity billboard selection boxes when changing from 3D to 2D.

However, I did find this issue on GitHub that provides more context. It looks like various community members have found functional workarounds under specific conditions.

From my understanding, your workaround involves re-placing or changing already placed entities when transitioning from 2D to 3D. What entity attributes are you changing in this process? Is it enough to just update the box member here?

If possible, please send over a sandcastle demo that showcases your progress so far. I am looking forward to learning more!

-Sam