Flickering bug in 1.10

After upgrading to Cesium 1.10, I noticed a weird flickering that happens when we move the mouse around the canvas.

It only happens in parts of the canvas where drawing objects in top of black background (either the space/stars area or the globe with the terrain layers disabled, like in the picture).

I suspect that this happens due to use of drillPick() method every time the mouse moves

The above pic displays the flickering. After I enabled terrain rendering, the flickering disappeared except in the the two shapes that have part of them on top of the stars/space background (and even then, there was no flickering in the parts that are not ‘in space’).

This also seems to happen in Cesium 1.9, but seems more difficult to reproduce there

Thanks for the report Sergio. When are you doing the drill pick, in a standard mouse move callback? Can you post a simple Sandcastle example that reproduces it?

Hi Matthew,

I also have this broblem in 1.10

It happens in 2D.

Put this code in Sandcastle, move to 2D map and left click close to the rectangle or on it.

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’);

var entities = viewer.entities;

var i;

var height;

var positions;

var stripeMaterial = new Cesium.StripeMaterialProperty({

evenColor : Cesium.Color.WHITE.withAlpha(0.5),

oddColor : Cesium.Color.BLUE.withAlpha(0.5),

repeat : 5.0

});

entities.add({

rectangle : {

coordinates : Cesium.Rectangle.fromDegrees(-92.0, 20.0, -86.0, 27.0),

outline : true,

outlineColor : Cesium.Color.WHITE,

outlineWidth : 4,

stRotation : Cesium.Math.toRadians(45),

material : stripeMaterial

}

});

var eventHandler;

eventHandler = new Cesium.ScreenSpaceEventHandler(viewer.scene.canvas);

eventHandler.setInputAction(function (event) {

viewer.scene.drillPick(event);

}, Cesium.ScreenSpaceEventType.LEFT_CLICK);

viewer.zoomTo(viewer.entities);

Thanks Guys, we have opened a bug for this problem: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/2790

We’ll update this discussion when its fixed but feel free to keep an eye on that issue in the mean time.

This is now fixed in master thanks to #2824 from Ed. It will be in Cesium 1.11 on July 1.

Patrick

I recently upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.11 and noticed that while using firefox (not seeing this with Chrome) and I resize the map div I am seeing an annoying flickering (it appears that the imagery layer is not show/visible during the resize). Attached is a video showing the flickering behavior.

> This is now fixed in master thanks to #2824 from Ed. It will be in Cesium 1.11 on July 1.
>
>
> Patrick
>
>
> Thanks Guys, we have opened a bug for this problem: Picking causes a double-render · Issue #2790 · CesiumGS/cesium · GitHub
>
>
> We'll update this discussion when its fixed but feel free to keep an eye on that issue in the mean time.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Matthew,
> I also have this broblem in 1.10
> It happens in 2D.
> Put this code in Sandcastle, move to 2D map and left click close to the rectangle or on it.
>
>
> var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer('cesiumContainer');
> var entities = viewer.entities;
>
>
> var i;
> var height;
> var positions;
> var stripeMaterial = new Cesium.StripeMaterialProperty({
> evenColor : Cesium.Color.WHITE.withAlpha(0.5),
> oddColor : Cesium.Color.BLUE.withAlpha(0.5),
> repeat : 5.0
> });
>
>
> entities.add({
> rectangle : {
> coordinates : Cesium.Rectangle.fromDegrees(-92.0, 20.0, -86.0, 27.0),
> outline : true,
> outlineColor : Cesium.Color.WHITE,
> outlineWidth : 4,
> stRotation : Cesium.Math.toRadians(45),
> material : stripeMaterial
> }
> });
>
>
> var eventHandler;
>
> eventHandler = new Cesium.ScreenSpaceEventHandler(viewer.scene.canvas);
>
>
>
> eventHandler.setInputAction(function (event) {
> viewer.scene.drillPick(event);
> }, Cesium.ScreenSpaceEventType.LEFT_CLICK);
> viewer.zoomTo(viewer.entities);
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cesium-dev" group.
>
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cesium-dev+...@googlegroups.com.
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I recently upgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.11 and noticed that while using firefox (not seeing this with Chrome) and I resize the map div I am seeing an annoying flickering (it appears that the imagery layer is not show/visible during the resize). Attached is a video showing the flickering behavior.

The video can be seen at: http://youtu.be/SUmJW8ARWV4

This is definitely a bug, I submitted an issue so that we fix it for 1.12: https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/issues/2880

Thanks Matthew!!!