Globe show property, affect on point cloud heights

Hello, we are facing an issue where the tilesets we are loading in to the viewer are not being geospatially positioned at the correct height.

After some troubleshooting, it appears to be related to a side affect that occurs when showing and hiding the globe.

On our platform, we default to hiding the globe by setting the globe show property to false when the viewer is loading. As in the image below the height of the tileset is positioned well above ground level.

After then toggling the globe.show property to true and back to false, the correct height is then calculated.

Is there any alternative way that I should be approaching this? or can anybody point me to the possible cause of the change in positioning as a result of hiding/showing the globe?

Thanks,

I just came across this somewhat related post, which in fact describes the underlying issue that we are trying to resolve. i.e. camera movement, model navigation is erratic when the globe is hidden.

As part of troubleshooting that issue, we noticed the differing heights. After getting the model positioned in the correct height (after toggling globe visibility as described above). The model navigation/camera controls then work in a stable manner.

Hi, is anybody able to offer any input on this question? Thanks

Hi there,

My guess would be that since the globe is not shown, no terrain provider (even the default ellipsoid) is loaded in, leading to the height discrepancy. Would you happen to have a code example in Sandcastle duplicating the issue? That would be the next step in order to open a bug report.

Since in CeisumJS the globe is more often shown than hidden, we’ve seen a few issue tangentially related to the globe, but they are usually due to explicitly disabling it with globe.false rather than hiding it with the show property.