how can i get the end event of the end of the camera‘s inertia ?

hello.
how can i get the end event of the end of the camera‘s inertia ?

and I find that when I drag the mouse and move it,when the mouse up , the camera update fast.

event my eyes see it stills but the camera update also.

thanks.

leenian.

Anybody can answer this question?
thanks.

在 2013年11月28日星期四UTC+8下午4时52分16秒,Nian Li写道:

Unfortunately there’s no end event here, and in fact there isn’t a good “end” to the inertia. The inertia fades out over time, so for example its magnitude might be 1e-3 after 3 seconds, 1e-4 after 4 seconds, 1e-5 after 5 seconds, etc. I’m oversimplifying the numbers involved, but the point is we didn’t pick a “hard end.” The magnitude gets smaller and smaller over the course of possibly more than a minute or two, until the magnitudes become so small they turn into NaNs, at which point a safety check finally halts the runaway inertia falloff.

Last time I was looking at the code, I was thinking we should change it to have some kind of fixed end, because the algorithm keeps running for so long after the user’s perception is that it stopped. Perhaps a fixed time, like 5 seconds, or perhaps a fixed minimum value (1e-8 * the magnitude of the original vector) just so we aren’t running numbers down into NaN territory. It may help fix things like texture sparkle that could otherwise continue for a long time after the use of inertia.

But, nothing’s really broken here, and we have a lot bigger fish to fry, so it won’t get looked at by the core Cesium team anytime soon. We could write it up as an issue, if people agree.

–Ed.

Ed - I agree we should writeup an issue for the future.

Nian - just curious, what’s your use case?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick:
this’s just curious,maybe in the future I will use this engine,it is so great.

在 2013年12月3日星期二UTC+8下午10时35分29秒,Patrick Cozzi写道: