How can I overlay imagary 'above' the earth

I'd like to overlay rainfall data at a given altitude above the earth... This would be in the form of a series of geostabilized PNGs from the UK met office... e.g. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/datapoint/product/precipitation-forecast-map-layer

I'm unsure where to start. I could model it as a WebMapServiceImageryProvider or a SingleTileImageryProvider, however I cannot find any API to control the altitude...

Or is this possible with primitives / textures somehow?

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Adam.

I was also thinking that maybe I could change the ellipsoid to be a "bigger" version of the earth? Would that work? Any clues to how I could do it?

Cesium doesn’t support imagery layers at altitude, so your best bet would be to use a the Rectangle graphics which can be drawn at a constant altitude For example paste this into Sandcastle:

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’);

viewer.entities.add({

rectangle : {

coordinates : Cesium.Rectangle.fromDegrees(-110.0, 20.0, -100.0, 25.0),

height: 250000,

material : ‘…/images/Cesium_Logo_Color.jpg’

}

});

viewer.zoomTo(viewer.entities, new Cesium.HeadingPitchRange(0, -Math.PI/10, 0));

Of course this won’t work if you have global multi-resolution tiled imagery. If that’s the case, you may be able to get away with making the ellipsoid bigger, but you would love the ground layer.