How to convert 3d tiles file into other form?

How to split a huge model into many b3dm files in the first place? As I understand each b3dm file represent a leaf node?

That’s really the core problem Cesium ion tries to solve. Of course the answer depends on the source data, and finding the optimal tiling is something I know members of the team have spent a lot of time on.

I think for photogrammetry models it does simplify the model to create LODs. For something like New York I think smaller buildings are not loaded until the camera is closer. There’s some more info on the building tiler here:

I’m trying to edit the 3D Tiles file, because on some occasion, the 3D Tiles file we got is not quite the way we want, and even worse we can’t find the original creator or the original model.So I wonder if there is any chance to directly modify the 3D Tiles file.

I think a tool like that would have to recreate the source data by collecting all the leaf nodes, allowing you to edit, and then re-tiling it. Being able to re-tile tilesets like that is something on our radar, but there’s no timeline on it yet.

For now, most tilesets can be edited (in terms of rotation, translation and scale) using ion (just click on “Edit Tileset” in the top right when selecting your asset on Cesium ion )