How to Decrease Moon Distance from Earth?

First off, thank you for this amazing open source project!

I am trying to figure out how to move the moon closer to the earth. The scientific position is great, but it is so small its not visible to most users on first glance, i'd like it to be closer so you can see it and the texture more easily. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the position (the z position I'm guessing?) such that the moon moves closer to the earth. I have it visible in my scene, and textured, but it is simply too far away for my needs.

I've looked at the documentation for Scene/Moon.js, and tried to set it to a much bigger ellipsoid thinking that could help, but it didn't seem to do anything. I've also tried setting the scene's globe to a small ellipsoid, and moon to a large ellipsoid but that did not seem to do anything either. Maybe i'm doing it wrong, but from the documentation I used something like:
cesiumWidget.scene.moon.ellipsoid = new Cesium.Ellipsoid(100000000,1000000000,1000000000);
Heres what it looks like, whether or not I change the ellipsoid: http://imgur.com/oVmDeAk

I came across this pull https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/pull/677, which got me looking into the source for Core/Simon1994PlanetaryPositions.js to see if there was something there I could change that would affect the distance. I thought the computeSimonMoon function would have something to change but everything I tried did not seem to change the distance.

I don't mind having to change the source and do a build myself, I just can't figure out what I need to change. Am I on the right track with modifying something in Simon1994PlanetaryPositions.js, or is there another place? If so, where and what should i change?

Any help or guidance would be extremely appreciated, I've spent hours scouring for how to change the position but haven't come up with much.

In case you are still looking for a solution to this. The ellipsoid property on the moon is readonly and needs to be set at construction time. So rather than modifying the ellipsoid property, you need to create a whole new moon. Here’s a complete example (assuming you are using the Viewer widget and want a moon 10 times bigger than normal).

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’);

var radius = Cesium.Math.LUNAR_RADIUS * 10;

viewer.scene.moon = new Cesium.Moon({

ellipsoid : new Cesium.Ellipsoid(radius, radius, radius)

});