How to initialize the Cesium viewer (the Hello World app) with the OpenStreetMap global imagery?

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

I am new to CesiumJS. I would like to trial/test it to see if it is fit for my application. I have explored the SandCastle Hello World app. This comes with Bing Map as the default global imagery but it has a Cesium ION warning message at the bottom. I would like to initialize the app with OpenStreetMap global imagery by default so that the Cesium ION token warning can be removed. A the current trial/test stage, I would like to stick to the free services but Bing Map is limited to a 15GB/mth streaming quota.

The Hello World app has the following code snippet. How can it be initialized with OpenStreetMap instead of Bing Map as the default global imagery?

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’);

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

At the current trial stage, I would like to stick to the free global imagery service.

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

I am with Cesium 1.64 (the latest download) and Google Chrome on Windows 10 64-bit OS.

Many thanks!

1 Like