How to make a properties box

Hello,

During some more research on what I am trying to accomplish, I found information about batch tables that are assigned to the features. I was wondering if you could potentially help explain these. Is there a batch table assigned to each 3D tileset when it is added to the Cesium Ion? Can I edit this information? How can I get it to display and edit it if so?

Thanks,
Claire

@CSettle2021

I am happy to hear that the sandcastle demo that I provided was helpful! As you know, creating sandcastle demos takes some time so I appreciate your patience.

Off the top of my head, I canā€™t think of a quick and easy way to show the same results given from selecting a Billboard when selecting an uploaded model. This would be a great place for other community members to add some suggestions!

It is possible to scale the billboard! If you look over the Billboard documentation that I referenced in my last response, you will see that Billboard has the member scaleByDistance, which allows you to set the scaling properties of a Billboard based on its distance from the Camera. Here is an example of how to use scaleByDistance:

// Example 1.
// Set a billboard's scaleByDistance to scale by 1.5 when the
// camera is 1500 meters from the billboard and disappear as
// the camera distance approaches 8.0e6 meters.
b.scaleByDistance = new Cesium.NearFarScalar(1.5e2, 1.5, 8.0e6, 0.0);

It seems like your questions about 3D Tiles are posted in two different threads. I answered your questions in the other thread, which I will add here for continuity.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Best,
Sam

Hi @sam.rothstein ,

So I have found a bit of a work around solution for what I am trying to accomplish. Here is my solution which includes using a CZML box over the building that is transparent to show the properties on the side.

I still had a couple of questions I was hoping you could help with. As you can see in the example, I am trying to have a drop down sorting by phases 1 and 2 or show both. These phases will be color with 1 being yellow orange and 2 being blue. When one is selected, I want only those that are yellow orange to be shown and vise versa. Is there any way of assigning something to this tileset to be able to do so? I know typically I would use code like:

function highlightAllResidentialBuildings() {
osmBuildingsTileset.style = new Cesium.Cesium3DTileStyle({
color: {
conditions: [
[
ā€œ${feature[ā€˜buildingā€™]} === ā€˜apartmentsā€™ || ${feature[ā€˜buildingā€™]} === ā€˜residentialā€™ā€,
ā€œcolor(ā€˜cyanā€™, 0.9)ā€,
],
[true, ā€œcolor(ā€˜whiteā€™)ā€],
],
},
});
}
But since these properties do not exist, I do not know how to go about this. Additionally, I was wondering how to do the same thing with other properties assigned to the types 1-6. My other questions were, do you know how I could add an image to the properties box? I was attempting to do this under the website link.

Thanks,
Claire