How to render 3dtile layer upside down underground

I want to display the bored pile layer but when I upload it to cesium the display is reversed, now I want to turn it upside down when displaying and plugging it underground, is it possible? :sweat_smile:

uppppppppp

upppppppppppp

Ahem. So. How are you creating your model? How are you tiling it? The solution is rarely to fix the error in post; if it’s coming in wrong, it’s always better to fix it before you bring it in.

There are transforms you can run on your model, however will this transform be for every thing you bring in? How will you know which to do it with and which not? Are you creating a system, or app, or are you just playing with a sandcastle kinda thing?

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

I want to reverse my 3dtile model to adjust it underground to display the pile data layer, in the software I use, the data layer is in the ground but when I upload to cesium ion, it shows on the ground

No, I understand what you want to do, I’m just saying that if your model comes upside down, the first step is to look at the place you’re making the model rather than trying to fix a problem caused by some earlier step of your process.

You can do lots of stuff in Cesium, too (search the docos and sandcastles for model transforms), it’s just . has the wrong smell about it. Quality in Cesium is determined very often by the quality of the data you put into it.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

thank you, let me check again

It’s not that I don’t want to help, mind you, I’m just trying to save your sanity. :slight_smile: Very often we try to fix bad data in Cesium when we should have fixed it earlier in the process, as it has implications to code quality, performance, ease of handling, and all sorts of of things you might struggle with later.

As to doing transforms, look for the height adjustment sandcastle example (Cesium Sandcastle), then move from a simple translation to Cesium.Matrix4.fromRotationTranslation(), but you have to know how matrix3 and matrix4 effect each other in a translation, but that’s basically the way forward; Matrix4 - Cesium Documentation

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

thanks for your enthusiasm, i am also trying the 3d Model example in sandcastle, and tried to rotate the object but it doesn’t seem to apply to 3dTileset

how to reverse the 3dtileset object in this example of Sandcastle? I read about matrix but still don’t understand, I’m a beginner

please help me…

Hi there,

I’m sorry we’re getting to a plateau of flatness, but we’re hitting the limits of what I’ve done with Cesium in the past (I’ve got some plans for creating plugins for some more complex transforms soon, but not right now). Your answer lies within playing with the 4dMatrix transforms for sure, but maybe someone else have a bit more info on this could chirp in? Maybe someone more Cesium official, as we’re entering into the undocumented part of it? (Not the API, but examples and code) I’m sure even someone with 3D experience from the gaming world might see familiar concepts around matrix manipulations?

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Thank you, hope someone can help

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Hi,
I’ve gone through your post. You’re adding tilesets as primitive which is not the instanceof Cesium.Model. Hence ModelMatrix would not apply on that. As Alexander_Johannesen said, you should modify your model from where you are creating them.
Also I havn’t done much practice on 3d Tilesets But you can check this link for the discussion on similar issue.

• Regards
1 Like