How to retrieve a bounding box with Cesium?

Currently I am working on the display of several boats (1356789 approximately) with Cesium,when displaying the KMZ file containing these boats, the browser spits.

Then I just displays the boat to a specific BoundingBox area.

How to retrieve a BoundingBox area with Cesium?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Jules d’As

Hello Jules,

I’m a little unsure what you are asking. Which BoundingBox are you trying to retrieve? The bounding box for the boats?

Thanks,

Hannah

Hello Hannah,

I’m sorry if it’s not very clear. My problem is when I show all mobiles on the map at the same time, it’s very heavy and the browser does’nt respond. What I would like to do is to not show mobiles when the camera is in a high altitulte (the zoom level is at about 3000 and the entire globe is shown) then show mobiles only when the camera is near the ground (the zoom level is at about 94 and a little area of the globe is shown) and only show mobiles corresponding to this area seen by the user. I need some help on retreiving this area seen by the user.

Best,
Jules d’As

Thanks for clarifying. We have a new function for finding the rectangle of the camera view. See the function Camera.computeViewRectangle

Ultimately, the best solution for things like this will be to use 3D Tiles, which is currently being implemented on a branch in Cesium. See this forum post if you’re interested in more information: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cesium-dev/tCCooBxpZFU/7hxT_E4pGgAJ

Best,

Hannah

Hello Hannah,

Thank you for your reply!

I managed to retrieve the bounding box using Camera.computeViewRectangle

Jules